Details on The Alba White Truffle Festival 2016!
It’s that time of year again. The temperatures are dropping and the days are getting shorter, which means it is truffle time in Alba! Here’s what you need to know and some of the activities going on during the Alba White Truffle Festival 2016.
The Alba White Truffle Festival 2016 Market
The market is the biggest draw of the program. In fact, it is the largest international exhibition of truffles anywhere in the world. In addition to white and black truffles, you will find specialities from all over the region – hazelnuts, cheese, salumi, wine, and more.
2015 Alba White Truffle Prices:
The Alba White Truffles Tartufo Bianco d’Alba are sold in shavings by the gram. In 2015 they went for as much as $1200 a pound wholesale – 67 percent higher than 2014 and the highest since 2012.
The market runs every Saturday and Sunday in October and November. Each day the local truffle hunters trifolao bring thousands of batches of freshly picked truffles to sell to the masses. According to the fair, each truffle is checked to guarantee quality prior to the daily opening. Customers can have their purchases reviewed during opening hours at the Customer Information Desk.
- Alba White Truffle Festival 2016 Dates: Every Saturday and Sunday from October 8 to November 27.
- Opening Hours: 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Location: Cortile della Maddalena,Via Vittorio Emanuele II, 19 – Alba; Just head up the main street in Alba’s centro storico (historic center). It’s about midway between Piazza Savona (now Piazza Michele Ferrero) and Piazza del Duomo (Piazza Risogimento).
- Adults: 3 euros
- Groups of 30+: 2.5o euros
- Children 15 and up: Free
Truffle Sensory Analysis Workshop
Learn how to identify a good truffle, how to store it, and the best way to eat it. The workshop is led by a sensory analysis judge.
- When: Saturday and Sundays during the Alba White Truffle Festival 2016 (October 8 to November 27).
- Time: Saturdays at 11:00 and 15:00, Sundays at 11:00.
- Where: Cortile della Maddalena, Sala Workshop
- Booking: Contact Centro Nazionale Studi Tartufo, Piazza Risorgimento, 2
tel. +39 0173 228190, www.tuber.it, email@example.com
Wine Tasting Experience
Each weekend oenologists and sommeliers take participants through locals wines with insight into characteristics, growing methods, traditions, and more.
- 2016 Program
- Saturday 8 October – 5:30 p.m. The taste of the hills
- Saturday 15 October – 5:30 p.m. The crus of Barolo
- Saturday 22 October – 5:30 p.m. The many faces of Nebbiolo
- Saturday 29 October – 5:30 p.m. The crus of Barolo
- Monday 31 October – 5:30 p.m. The taste of the hills
- Saturday 5 November – 5:30 p.m. The many faces of Nebbiolo
- Saturday 12 November – 5:30 p.m. The taste of the hills
- Saturday 19 November – 5:30 p.m. The crus of Barolo
- Booking: Click here to book or contact Strada del Barolo for more information at +39 329 2566787 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Those are the main events for the Alba White Truffle Festival 2016!
If you are in the area and looking for a Barolo wine tour, contact us! We’d love to show you the area. We can also arrange truffle hunts and cooking courses.
Barolo and Barbaresco Travel Planning:
- Barolo Wine Tour Planning – things to know before you go!
- Getting Around Barolo and Barbaresco
- Alba Dining Guide
- Barbaresco and Barolo Dining Guide