Have we got a summer slaw recipe for you!
Who doesn’t love a fresh, creamy slaw in the summer heat? Well, Denise’s summer slaw recipe is not only easy to make but compliments any bbq meal or sandwich.
Summer slaw recipe takeaways on leftovers:
- This veggie side is just as good two or three days later.
- Don’t worry about it going soggy if you dress it all, then stick leftovers in the refrigerator for a few days; the sturdy vegetables stay crisp!
- Bonus, the flavors meld so the taste just gets better and better after holding a few days.
Denise’s Summer Slaw to Accompany BBQ
- 1 small fennel bulb, shaved on a mandoline (you can shave lengthwise or crosswise
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 small head or half a larger head radicchio, sliced julienne
- ¼ head cabbage shredded
- 1 sweet crispy apple, sliced thinly
- ¼ cup quality mayonnaise or homemade
- 1 TBS sugar
- 2 TBS apple cider vinegar (this is necessary)
- 1 TBS fresh mint, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare all the vegetables, shaved fennel, grated carrot, julienned radicchio, shredded cabbage, thinly sliced apple, minced mint. Put all together in a large bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise, sugar, and apple cider vinegar. Mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Copyright Denise Pardini 2008 - 2020, hotelcastellodisinio.com
Summer slaw with BBQ
Try some of our favorite BBQ recipes with this:
- Oven roasted pulled pork with homemade bbq sauce and wine pairing
- Pressure Cooker Brisket with Molasses BBQ Sauce
- Baked chicken wings dry rub recipe with wine pairing
- Brioche Hamburger Buns Recipe
I won’t go into wine pairing since we touch on that in each recipe, but if you are enjoying the slaw on its own, as Denise often does, pop open a sparkling or light white.
Follow us on social media and sign up for the Girl’s Gotta Drink newsletter (find in the upper right.)
Girl’s Gotta Drink:
- Facebook: facebook.com/GirlsGottaDrink
- Instagram: @valeriekq
Chef Denise Pardini, Hotel Castello di Sinio:
- Website: hotelcastellodisinio.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/HotelCastellodiSinio
- Instagram: @castellodisinio