Vinitaly in Verona – y’all ready for this!?
It’s that time of year, kids. The annual wine pilgrimage to Verona, Italy is coming up. Yes, I’m talking about Vinitaly in Verona. An experience like no other – good luck getting wifi, wear a surgical mask leaving the show floor (cigarette central), and explore Verona every chance you get – wine, food, and sights.
Expect crowded streets, standing-room only at the wine bars, and hotel rooms sold out months in advance. It’s truly a magical time in fair Verona.
View this post on Instagram
Where cellphone coverage goes to die. Buongiorno da Verona #vinitaly2017 @vinitalyinternational
Practical tips for Vinitaly in Verona:
- Book dining and lodging early.
- Be prepared for slow (or no) wifi at the tradeshow.
- Bring a couple of pairs of walking shoes as the city streets are cobblestone. Swapping out shoes will ease the pain.
- Note that Vinitaly is held at the VeronaFiera, which is about a 30-minute walk from the center (identified in this post as Piazza Bra).
- Getting to the VeronaFiera: Walk, take a taxi, or hop the free shuttle provided by Vinitaly throughout the city.
- Parking: There is parking on site and in the surrounding area, but note that it is very crowded and traffic congestion causes backups in the morning and when the show concludes.
- Parking in the city itself is manageable, check out our list of Verona parking lots here.
- Don’t miss wine at Antica Bottega del Vino – they offer unique tasting options and special by-the-glass wines.
If it’s your first (second or third!) Verona travel adventure, take some time to explore the city. Il Marito and I often say we’d move there…if they had nebbiolo (alas, what can you do!)
For planning your travels, check out my Verona travel series:
View this post on Instagram
It’s work, I swear! Grazie mille, @romeoandjulietguide! Amazing view from @hotelmilanoverona . #veronalove
Romeo & Juliet’s Verona Food & Wine walking tour with rafting: Vinitaly Edition!
Make the most of your travels with a combination of their most popular tour programs.
Start with a river rafting experience with a wine tasting at the end (because safety first!) From there, amble along the riverside with an introduction to nearby monuments. The final segment of the tour features their food and wine walking tour through Verona’s centro storico with a traditional lunch and gelato.
The Experience Includes:
- Lunch in a local’s favorite trattoria; dine on typical Veronese fresh pasta paired with Valpolicella wine.
- Two-hour rafting experience along the beautiful Adige River.
- Italian breakfast and gelato to end the day.
- Guided program.
The tour runs April 5th to April 8th during Vinitaly in Verona.
Verona Tours by Romeo and Juliet Guide
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +39 348 35 55 831
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/romeoandjulietguide/
- Instagram: @RomeoAndJulietGuide
- When you book, mention or use the promo code “GirlsGottaDrink2019” for 5 EU off your program!
Enjoy Vinitaly in Verona and please drop us a note about your favorite Verona activities and adventures.